Scam Alert: Phone calls from +65 6098 9999

Today, I received one of those scam calls claiming to be the police. It was an a machine speaking on the other end in Mandarin/Chinese (why is it always in Chinese?? Official language in Singapore is English, fools! These scammers are idiots!!). I knew right away that this was a scam. Heck, even if it was a real person, I would think it was a scam.

Now, I'm not a law enforcer or even legally knowledgeable, but everyone should know that if the police is looking for you, they won't simply call your phone, or send a text. They WOULD appear at your home or work place, show their badge, warrant, etc, and state their business. At the minimum, they would send a printed LETTER, probably asking you to report to the police station or something.

Maybe next time I'll just play along and see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response From IRAS about Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD)

Fishy Practices in the Office... And Then I Got Laid Off

[Seller Stamp Duty Episode] IRAS Feedback After Meeting My MP